Cannot install Tulip Indicators
Hi All, hoping someone can help me here.

So trying to stall the tulip indicator using:

Code:
npm install tulind

I get the following error and not too sure what it means besides it cant get the download from the server:

> tulind@0.8.9 install /home/Sylvesta/gekko/node_modules/tulind
> node-pre-gyp install --fallback-to-build

node-pre-gyp ERR! Tried to download(404): https://tulipnode.s3.amazonaws.com/tulin...x64.tar.gz
node-pre-gyp ERR! Pre-built binaries not found for tulind@0.8.9 and node@8.9.4 (node-v57 ABI, glibc) (falling back to source compile with node-gyp)
make: Entering directory '/home/Sylvesta/gekko/node_modules/tulind/build'
  CXX(target) Release/obj.target/tulind/tulind.o
../tulind.cpp: In function ‘Nan::NAN_METHOD_RETURN_TYPE startbyindex(Nan::NAN_METHOD_ARGS_TYPE)’:
../tulind.cpp:72:22: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
     if (ind->options != options->Length()) {
                      ^
../tulind.cpp: In function ‘Nan::NAN_METHOD_RETURN_TYPE callbyindex(Nan::NAN_METHOD_ARGS_TYPE)’:
../tulind.cpp:127:21: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
     if (ind->inputs != inputs->Length()) {
                     ^
../tulind.cpp:134:22: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
     if (ind->options != options->Length()) {
                      ^
  CC(target) Release/obj.target/tulind/external/tiamalgamation.o
  SOLINK_MODULE(target) /home/Sylvesta/gekko/node_modules/tulind/lib/binding/Release/node-v57-linux-x64/tulind.node
  COPY Release/tulind.node
make: Leaving directory '/home/Sylvesta/gekko/node_modules/tulind/build'
+ tulind@0.8.9
updated 1 package in 10.175s

Anyone have an idea or a workaround for me please?

Cheers!
Have you tried doing this before installing tulind:
apt-get install -y build-essential
...? Try that before and try again.

Edit: It also seems that you're running nodejs v5.7? If that's the case you should update it since 5.7 is ancient.
(02-12-2018, 01:26 PM)tommiehansen Wrote: Have you tried doing this before installing tulind:
apt-get install -y build-essential
...? Try that before and try again.

Edit: It also seems that you're running nodejs v5.7? If that's the case you should update it since 5.7 is ancient.

I ran this now to see if anything would update:

sudo apt-get install -y build-essential
[sudo] password for Sylvesta:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
build-essential is already the newest version (12.1ubuntu2).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 152 not upgraded.

Tried to do the install again and still the same error.

Will see if I can figure out how to update nodejs, running this through windows 10 and just followed the instructions on the site.
Use nvm to handle/install nodejs versions:
https://davidwalsh.name/nvm

I would recommend that you use nodejs v8+ since that is a LTS-version (Long Term Support).
I have the same problem. I'm running nodejs 8.9.4 on Ubuntu 7.10. I'm also getting that node-v57 message,despite running 8.9.4

Edit: I'm not sure that Tulip Indicators are not build correctly. They seem to function (I did make another mistake when I posted this message); try putting the TOML files in the gekko\config\strategies\ directory. I forgot to do that.