An official Gekko service is coming soon: gekkoplus.com
Exclamation 
Even with the web UI Gekko is still a pretty technical tool: Installing it requires installing development environments (like nodejs and npm) over the commandline. Even if you're able to do this you still need to run Gekko 24/7 if you actively want to run it over the live crypto markets, raising the barrier even more. Finally I want to do something with the strategies, whenever people ask for "successful" strategies the answer is always "nobody will share them because why would they?".

In order to make Gekko more accessable for everyone (also non technical users) I am going to make an online web service where users can sign up and manage their own Gekkos. No installation or complicated configuration (no more config files)! No more need to keep your computer running at night to run Gekko.

[Image: 38608697-41c9306a-3da6-11e8-94c2-c3c5b9d6b4a1.png]

This will be a paid service, with the money earned I can justify working on Gekko a lot more (It's getting a bit out of hand with constantly growing community). Note that this will in no (negative) way impact the free and open source version of Gekko. Gekko will always stay free to download and use as a standalone tool.

I am still ironing out the details and will post more here as soon as I know it!

To be sure to stay up to date regarding subscribe on the Gekkoplus Website here.

EDIT:

Quote:I just released the public alpha here!

It's quite static still but over the next few days I have some massive updates planned!

Link: https://app.gekkoplus.com/
News article: https://app.gekkoplus.com/news/gekko-plu...ompetition
Youtube explanation: https://youtu.be/AFyU16l6Q6c
Hi AskMike,

I've just tried Gekko for a month, for now only in backtest.

But I do appreciate and realize how much work it represents, so I totally understand your move.

And even if I'm not totally sure everything will be as free as now in the future ( because at some point you will perhaps have some choice to make, and prefer the profitable version ), what you already offered us is already awesome !

Basically, my main message is : Thanks !
I'd subscribe just to support you tbh. Would be cool to easily be able to spin up multiple gekko instances though.
(02-05-2018, 02:47 PM)askmike Wrote: Stuff about stuff

A recommendation would be to also setup something like Patreon.com so that people that has a lot of hardware (and thus never would use your service) still could easily support your work. I don't know how successful such a thing would become, but it's free and easy to setup so i guess it wouldn't hurt that much.
That's a great idea! I will definitely look into this Smile
(02-05-2018, 02:47 PM)askmike Wrote: Even with the web UI Gekko is still a pretty technical tool: Installing it requires installing development environments (like nodejs and npm) over the commandline. Even if you're able to do this you still need to run Gekko 24/7 if you actively want to run it over the live crypto markets, raising the barrier even more. Finally I want to do something with the strategies, whenever people ask for "successful" strategies the answer is always "nobody will share them because why would they?".

In order to make Gekko more accessable for everyone (also non technical users) I am going to make an online web service where users can sign up and manage their own Gekkos. No installation or complicated configuration (no more config files)! No more need to keep your computer running at night to run Gekko.

This will be a paid service, with the money earned I can justify working on Gekko a lot more (It's getting a bit out of hand with constantly growing community). Note that this will in no (negative) way impact the free and open source version of Gekko. Gekko will always stay free to download and use as a standalone tool.

I am still ironing out the details and will post more here as soon as I know it!

To be sure to stay up to date regarding subscribe on the wizbit Website here.
just subscribed to the mail list. 
keep up the great work... thanks
hi

I support good ideas

thank you
Subscribed!
Didn't know untill know this is a Dutch idea! I'm from Belgium, and supporting this idea with my heart!
(02-07-2018, 11:26 PM)tommiehansen Wrote:
(02-05-2018, 02:47 PM)askmike Wrote: Stuff about stuff

A recommendation would be to also setup something like Patreon.com so that people that has a lot of hardware (and thus never would use your service) still could easily support your work. I don't know how successful such a thing would become, but it's free and easy to setup so i guess it wouldn't hurt that much.

So instead of all the minersplants we can setup an autobot trading plant? Cool!
You got my support!!!!