Gekko Forum
Would this be possible to build ? - Printable Version

+- Gekko Forum (https://forum.gekko.wizb.it)
+-- Forum: Gekko (https://forum.gekko.wizb.it/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forum.gekko.wizb.it/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Would this be possible to build ? (/thread-57462.html)

Would this be possible to build ? - TCMabe - 07-30-2018

It seems to me that with everything Gekko has to offer ... a fairly logical evolution could be to launch several paper traders against multiple coins.
If any of the coins being traded exhibit favorable conditions for live trading they could call a live trade bot and pass the coin pair to be traded.

For Example
Paper Trade:

XRP-USDT 
XLM-USDT 
ADA-USDT
EOS-USDT
etc …

Maybe I am using Bull_Bear_RSI and ADA-USDT starts to move in the direction of activating the advice to go long.
Once that condition is met we call a live trade bot and launch it to trade ADA-USDT.

Using this type of setup would maybe evolve into a bot that bounces around from coin to coin depending on indicators like volume and ADX or EMA's

You would hop to whatever is the most potentially profitable scenario … Similar to how I believe a mining pool optimizes it's efforts and focuses on the highest yield mining effort.

If your favorite coin starts to trade sideways you move onto other pairs that are moving up if they are on your watch list or something like that ...

Thoughts ? Ideas on how to start on this ?

Thanks !

TC Mabe

RE: Would this be possible to build ? - crypto49er - 07-30-2018

Hey,

That's a cool idea! I had something similar in mind but not passing the paper trade call to a live gekko.

So just to clarify though, if after the live gekko executes the go long advice for ADA-USDT, several hours later, the paper trader for XLM-USDT finds favorable conditions and pass a buy call to the live gekko, what happens? I'm assuming the a sell order is placed for ADA-USDT if it is a winning trade and a buy order is issued for XLM-USDT?

I think the gekkos can talk to each other via Telegram (look at the other thread Zappra started about talking to your strats). Then run the live gekko on PM2 and make a way to cause gekko to error out (PM2 will auto restart) with the new trade pair. The only thing is writing to the config-file the new trade pair. Not sure how to do that but I'm pretty sure that's doable.

RE: Would this be possible to build ? - TCMabe - 07-30-2018

(07-30-2018, 03:28 AM)crypto49er Wrote: Hey,

That's a cool idea! I had something similar in mind but not passing the paper trade call to a live gekko.

So just to clarify though, if after the live gekko executes the go long advice for ADA-USDT, several hours later,  the paper trader for XLM-USDT finds favorable conditions and pass a buy call to the live gekko, what happens? I'm assuming the a sell order is placed for ADA-USDT if it is a winning trade and a buy order is issued for XLM-USDT?

I think the gekkos can talk to each other via Telegram (look at the other thread Zappra started about talking to your strats). Then run the live gekko on PM2 and make a way to cause gekko to error out (PM2 will auto restart) with the new trade pair. The only thing is writing to the config-file the new trade pair. Not sure how to do that but I'm pretty sure that's doable.

That is something that would need to be thought out … I would imagine a simple way to look at it is that if we go long on any pair we stay long on that pair until a short comes around … once the short is active we look for the next candidate for a long position … if it happens to be the same coin we were already trading so be it … if not we bounce to the next pair on our watch list that is moving in a favorable direction ….That's probably a fairly simple minded view of it … The expanded thought would be that if another coin was moving in a trajectory to exceed your current position you could initiate a sell off to purchase that coin … Seems to me though that the "simple" approach would suffice … if your long stay long … if you short look for a new opportunity …. 

Another possibility would be that if in your example … XLM-USDT finds favorable conditions you somehow check the status of the ADA-USDT market and see if it is a candidate for shorting because it is trading sideways … I guess a lot of that would depend on the indicators used and the stop-loss settings etc … I am thinking you would already be out of a trade before looking for the next one … but it is a thought provoking question for sure ...

I am not sure if there would be a way to pass the coin in as a variable to a called Gekko … wonder if it could be written out to a file and called as an include to the config … 

Thanks by the way for your videos … they helped me a few times … I gave you a shout out in my AWS Server Gekko Install Video !

RE: Would this be possible to build ? - crypto49er - 07-30-2018

Glad to hear my videos helped!

I think we can use fs to write this out to a file. I seen several other people use this even though Gekko doesn't use it , in the files that I play with any way.

Wish I have more time to work on this but I will definitely put this on my list of things to explore with Gekko.

RE: Would this be possible to build ? - mark.sch - 07-31-2018

Hi @TCMabe and @crypto49er,

we probably have similar thoughts to achieve a multi-coin trading setup - at least I have it also on my own "crypto game-plan" with Gekko.

The telegram bot approach is nice, but right now it is way strictly bound to a single gekko cli instance. One gekko process, one asset/currency pair, one static config, one telegram bot per process. Using telegram, it would would at least need the possibility to connect several (paper)traders to one telegrambot and this bot has a new logical layer to process these different signals (let's call it telegram signal broker service), make a decision and send the resulting crypto signal to all subscribers. The new signal then contains the "go long/go short" information, like any current Gekko advice, and informations about the trading pair (and exchange).
To execute these telegram crypto signals it would need a new strategy which actually does not process any candles anymore but instead is just a simple telegram chat client which receives crypto signals by telegram and convert/emit them to proper Gekko events, this way the Gekko broker can consume and execute the remote crypto signals.

Decoupling trading advices to any kind of "out of process logic" also has other advantages in my eyes: It would decouple Gekko from static candle size also, e.g. the new "telegram signal broker service" could forward all crypto signals with candle size 1 hour while in downtrend and switch to another signal source with candle size 5 Min. while in uptrend.

RE: Would this be possible to build ? - TCMabe - 08-02-2018

I am working toward setting up a testing environment so that I can do more with the coding side of things … I do not currently have a way to modify and test anything that is easy to work with. I am in Windows using Visual Studio Code … When I run Gekko I have to open an Ubuntu instance and so far I have not been able to do much more than modify strategies in CLI using Nano …

Anyway, once I get a decent workflow constructed I will play with some Ideas and provide feedback if anything useful emerges …

Thanks !

TC Mabe