Gekko Forum
Added new Strategy RSI_EMACrossover - Printable Version

+- Gekko Forum (https://forum.gekko.wizb.it)
+-- Forum: Gekko (https://forum.gekko.wizb.it/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Strategy Development (https://forum.gekko.wizb.it/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Added new Strategy RSI_EMACrossover (/thread-57338.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Added new Strategy RSI_EMACrossover - TCMabe - 07-13-2018

Please make sure you also update the .toml file that is in the config/strategies folder.

let me know if that helps and we will go from there …

Thanks !

TC Mabe

RE: Added new Strategy RSI_EMACrossover - Kris191 - 07-13-2018

(07-13-2018, 10:57 AM)TCMabe Wrote: Please make sure you also update the .toml file that is in the config/strategies folder.

let me know if that helps and we will go from there …

Thanks !

TC Mabe

Hello, I checked an both are updated it seems to be an indicator error which i ahve no idea if its the strat or something core within gekko.

The strategy is basically the same as it was before except I modified the variable name and added a couple more into .toml file for tweaking.

I would delete both files and then get the download again and reinstall them.

Do your other strategies work ? If not that’s a different issue.

I will remove and re-try. i have had this error with another strat. However it seems some people are having issues installing tulip indicators at the moment. I will feedback either way.

All good i had converted the toml into json incorrectly.

i will runs some backtest and post up the resilts

That is relieving news ... thanks again for backtesting that. I suspect that it will be decent but not great ... I made some modifications to mine again. The new version (not uploaded yet) buys on an EMA-3 over an EMA-10 with an RSI(9) of 60 or higher. It then sells if the EMA-10 is above the EMA-3 and the RSI(9) is below 60.

This new strategy seems to be running pretty well in live testing ... but the market is so sideways right now it’s hard to say. If you want to test that one later, I can upload it under a different strategy name.

Thanks !

TC Mabe

RE: Added new Strategy RSI_EMACrossover - Kris191 - 07-14-2018

Morning, that sounds like a more reactive strategy to market dips. Will set off the backtesting this morning and happy to test your new version later today, would be good to compare them.

Edit. my current backtesting tool is broken will need to setup another this afternoon

RE: Added new Strategy RSI_EMACrossover - Kris191 - 07-14-2018

Well im not able to get a backtesting tool to search for different parameters. So ive put this strat on papertrader and well feedback. the 2 test i got out suggest this strat works very well over 4 hr candles.

RE: Added new Strategy RSI_EMACrossover - eater - 07-16-2018

Thank you TCMabe!

When I try to backtest this I get the following error and no result:

Error: non-error thrown:
  This Gekko instance encountered an error and can't continue
      at Object.onerror (C:\gekko-stable\node_modules\koa\lib\context.js:105:40)
      at <anonymous>
      at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:188:7)

I have not had any problem with backtesting others strategies such as RSIBearBull, but I do have problems importing data.

Best Regards,
eater

RE: Added new Strategy RSI_EMACrossover - TCMabe - 07-16-2018

Hello …

What version of Gekko ?
And do you have the talib indicators installed ?

if not try:
cd ~/gekko
npm install talib

I will try and assist until real help arrives … lol